Mutaz Elemam Nile sound (from Nile River Riflection), 100x150, acrilic on canvas, 2015
- “Mutaz Elemam in Alexandria” at The Hamed Eweiss Gallery-Alexandria Fine Art Complex- February –March 2015
- “SELFIE” – Cordoba Gallery Cairo-Egypt– January 2015
- “Sound Interpretations”- Gallery Misr, Egypt- January 2014
- “CMYK”-Tache Art Gallery- Cairo , Egypt-February 2013
- “CO2”- Al-Mashrabiya Mohyudin Abou El Ezz Art Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-March 2011
- “Climates”-Al-Mashrabiya Mohyudin Abou El Ezz Art Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-May 2010
- “The River”-Artellewa Art Space-Cairo,Egypt-March 2010
- “Black Touch”-Alblad Art Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-Nov 2009
- “Colours in Symphony”-Kunst Art Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-Feb 2009
- “Paintings”-Cairo Atelier-Cairo,Egypt-March 2008
- “Bridge” – Caravan Organization-Travelling global exhibition to eighteen countries-February 2015
- “Art…Freedom”-Zamalek Art Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-January 2013
- 5th Beijing International Art Biennale-Beijing,China-Sept 2012
- “A Selection Of Contemporary Sudanese Art”-Boushahri Gallery-Kuwait-June 2012
- “Sketch of life”-Almarkhiya Gallery-Doha-Qatar-May 2012
- “Collage:100 Years On”-The Gallery-Cairo,Egypt-Nov 2011
- MENASA –Art Fair Beirut,Lebanon-July 2011
- “Shadows of Memory”-Fa Gallery-Kuwait-May 2011
- “Taches Taches”-Saint-Lo,France-Sept 2010
- Nord Art- The Kunstwerk Carlshu?tte-Budelsdorf,Germany-June 2010
- “AfriCam”-Cam Casoria Contemporary Art Museum-Naples,Italy-Dec 2009
- “Agenda”-Biblioteca Alexandrina-2009-2010-2011
Mutaz El Emam was born and raised in Kassala in the Eastern region of Sudan until he went to Khartoum to study Fine Arts at the Sudan University of Science and Technology. It took him three long months to finally convince his academically minded parents that in spite of his high grades at school, what he really wanted to study above all else was Art.
Between 2003 and 2007 he worked in Art Therapy at the Grace Child Care Organization in Khartoum, an establishment that lodges and teaches young survivors of wars and adverse social circumstances until they reach the age of adolescence.?His artistic practice encompasses Painting, Drawing, Mixed Media and Collage.
His work has been showcased in Italy, Spain, Libya , Uganda, China , Bulgaria ,Sudan and Egypt and throughout the Middle East.?He lives and works between Egypt and Sudan.
He has participated in numerous solo and collective exhibitions regionally and internationally.